Everyone has a weakness when it comes to food and mine is chocolate, specifically ice cream. While sundaes topped with hot fudge are probably not a secret solution to weight loss, dark chocolate is actually very beneficial to your health. If you're looking for ways to treat yourself after a week of "good" eating, read on to see why chocolate could be the indulgence you deserve.
- Increasing blood flow to the brain, chocolate helps cognitive function and decreases age-related mental problems
- This additional blood flow also improves skin by protecting against harmful effects of the sun
- Chocolate boosts endorphin production, the hormone responsible for feeling happy and lowering stress levels
- Eating dark chocolate reduces the number of LDL ("bad") cholesterol, which harms muscles and tissues
- Last but not least, the antioxidants kick start the metabolism, helping burn calories and reduce fat