This is a recipe I put together with the random vegetables in our fridge and pantry but now it's one of our favorite salad recipes. If you love it as much as we do, you can easily double the recipe and eat it again for lunch the next day.
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook Time: None Serves: 2
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 cans of tuna, packed in water
- 1 TBSP Light mayo
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 small can of sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- Half a large cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 a can of black beans, rinsed
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon to taste
Drain water from the tuna cans before adding tuna and mayo to a large bowl and mix with a fork. Once the tuna is shredded and coated in mayo, stir in the chopped carrots, celery, tomatoes and cilantro. Layer two dinner plates with spinach, black beans and corn before topping with the tuna salad mix and sliced avocado. Dress the salad with a little salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon. Serve immediately.