This recipe can be thrown together in the morning before work and it will be ready to eat when you get home. Bonus: Your house will smell delicious even after you've polished off your dinner plate.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 8 hours Serves: 2
- Two sweet potatoes
- One large chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- Teaspoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary
- One cup of plum tomatoes
- Two-three garlic cloves crushed
- One cup chicken broth – can also do one half cup brother, one half cup water
- Two large handfuls of spinach
- One avocado, halved and sliced
Peel and chop two large sweet potatoes, placing them at the bottom of the crock pot. Rub both sides of the chicken breast with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Add chicken, tomatoes and crushed garlic to the pot and top with broth. Cover and cook on low for approximately eight hours or until the meat is tender enough to pull apart with a fork. Split the spinach between two plates and add half a sliced avocado to eat before layering the cooked chicken and vegetables on top.